She long lines well, has pulled a drag and was even put to on one occasion before I had to return the borrowed equipment.
Well, now is the time to continue where we left off 8 years ago. :) I found this absolutely gorgeous harness on Craigslist for (I won't even say how little!) a steal of a price. It's a Smuckers Deluxe that was used on a 15 hand Hafflinger. While it's turnback strap and traces are little short for Daatje (I'll have to buy longer ones from Smuckers) the rest fits her quite well and looks smashing!
Without further ado, here is a set of pictures of her modeling this fine pleasure harness.
|See how the turnback strap is on too low a hole? The strap should be in the last two keepers and the hip straps shoudl be further up her hindquarters. I need this piece to be longer....|
|Such a pretty lady!|
1) Buy a longer turnback strap from Smuckers (how much are they, I wonder?)
2) Buy a driving bit (preferably a Zilco flexi mullen butterfly)
3) Make a drag for her to pull
4) Buy a set of saddle and breastcollar pads
5) Train, train and train some more!
6) Buy a nice roat cart
7) Buy longer traces from Smuckers (if the current ones are indeed too short as I suspect)
8) Hitch and go! (after lots more training, of course)
This is one of our goals for 2013-2014. I really, really want to drive my horse. :)