The chronicles of a Friesian mare who happened upon an owner who lives outside the show ring....

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Camptown Classic Harness and our 2015 Dressage Show Schedule

I have decided to go with the Camptown Classic harness for Daatje.  I have experience with them, they are classy, well made, safe and hold up well for decades with minimal care.  We have one for our Miniature mare, Rainbow.
Mom and Rainbow with her Camptown Classic harness

I contacted Camtpown Harness to discuss options with them and have chosen the same configuration that the owner uses on her 1/2 Friesian gelding.  She send me a couple of photos of the new breastcollar that she designed.  It's purpose is to take the pressure off the top of the neck and transfer it back onto the saddle.  Makes great sense and I really like the look!  She reassured me that for CDE's, even in dressage, this should be totally acceptable and that the only place I may get some funny looks is in the pleasure ring.  I replied that neither of us can stomach the pleasure ring so that should not be a problem! :D


Camptown Owners half Friesian modeling the harness I'm getting for Daatje


 
 
I just have to call and place my order.  Hope to get to that before this weekend.  The return of the Smuckers was going well.....until the sellers bank declined the refund.  >:(  I will have to wait 3 days for Paypal to attempt the refund another time and then it's on to opening a "money back guarantee" case with eBay.  Frustrating, but not the end of the world and certainly not preventing me from ordering this Camptown. :)  Thank-goodness.
 
I really do hope to get some dressage shows in this year too.  Here's what the schedule looks like right now:
 
May 9th, 2015 NEDA Spring
May 24th, 2015 Beland Stables
June 20 and 21st, 2015 UNH
July 12th, 2015 SMDA
August 8 and 9th, 2015 Oyster River
October 3 and 4th, 2015 GMHA Fall
 
(Please excuse the messed up table below.  Copied it in and mysteriously can't delete it)
May 9, 2015 NEDA Spring, Marshfield, MA
Tests: Training 3 and First 3
   
May 24, 2015 Beland Stables Dressage
Tests: Training 3 and First 3
   
June 20, 2015 UNH USDF Dressage
June 21, 2015 UNH USDF Dressage
Tests: Training 3 and First 3
Tests: Training 3 and First 3
   
   
July 12, 2015 SMDA Dressage
Tests: Training 3 and First 3
                           
August 1, 2015 BEARSPOT Dressage
August 2, 2015 BEARSPOT Dressage
Tests: Training 3 and First 3
Tests: Training 3 and First 3
                           
August 8, 2015 Oyster River
August 9, 2015 Oyster River
Tests: Training 3 and First 3
Tests: Training 3 and First 3
   
October 3, 2015 GMHA Fall Dressage
October 4, 2015 GMHA Fall Dressage
   
Tests: Training 3 and First 3
Tests: Training 3 and First 3
 
I'm not entirely certain we'll do NEDA Spring this year. It all depends on how early Spring actually gets here and how much practice we get in. The first two shows are 1 hour and 30 minutes from me, UNH is only 45 minutes from me, SMDA is in Maine, about 1 hour and 45 minutes drive, BEARSPOT is in Concord, MA, about 45 minutes away, Oyster River is at UNH and GMHA Fall would be the only "away" show where we stayed overnight, being a good 2 hours and 30 minutes away.
It's an ambitious schedule, but I'm going to see how things go and play it by ear. :) Of course, the driving training is going to come first, if we want to be hitched by summer, so we may just do the ones at UNH and finish with GMHA in the fall. 
 


3 comments:

  1. I love the look of that harness! Daatje is going to look stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That harness (and that horse) are gorgeous! I can't wait to see what it looks like on Daatje! I'll keep my fingers crossed the refund works so you don't have to go to all of the trouble of the money back guarantee thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi

    I am an equestrian novelist soon to release my new racing romance, Making the Running, and was hoping you might consider reviewing it on your site. Drop me a message if you’re interested.

    Best wishes,

    Hannah Hooton
    hannahhooton@yahoo.co.uk
    www.hannahhootonbooks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete